Our organizational set-up
- Take charge of SAIC’s documentation, telecommunication, statistics, information, confidentiality, security, accounting and finance, asset management, transparency issues, news release, etc;
- Handle public complaints on behalf of SAIC.
Department of Law
- Draft relevant laws and regulations;
- Supervise administrative enforcement of SAIC and AICs nationwide, organize hearings thereof, and conduct or participate in relevant administrative reviews/response to administrative proceedings and administrative compensation;
- Organizes legal education and training.
Antimonopoly and Anti-unfair Competition Enforcement Bureau
- Formulate specific antimonopoly and anti-unfair competition measures;
- Carry out antimonopoly enforcement;
- Initiate investigations into unfair competition practices, commercial bribery, smuggling, and other cases violating economic laws, and supervise the handling of serious and/or material cases.
Direct Selling Regulation Bureau
- Draft detailed measures and practice directions for regulating direct selling and preventing pyramid selling;
- Supervise direct selling enterprises, direct sellers and their activities;
- Investigate and punish serious and/or material direct selling and pyramid selling cases;
- Coordinate joint actions against pyramid selling.
Consumer Protection Bureau
- Draft detailed measures and practice directions in respect of consumer protection;
- Oversee the quality of goods in market circulation;
- Protect consumers’ rights in the service sector;
- Investigate and punish irregularities such as counterfeiting, faking and inferior quality;
- Guide the acceptance and handling of consumer inquiries, appeals and complaints, and instruct the development of related networks thereof.
Department of Market Regulation
- Draft and implement measures regarding regulation of market order;
- Regulate online transactions in goods and services;
- Conduct administrative supervision over contract execution, investigate and punish illegal acts such as contractual fraud;
- Take charge of chattel mortgages registration, regulate brokers and auctions;
- Organize and instruct credit rating of commodity transaction markets;
- Initiate special campaigns to deal with outstanding marketplace problems.
Regulation Department for Market Circulation of Food
- Draft detailed measures and practice directions for regulating safety of food in market circulation;
- Implement safety surveillance, quality monitoring and related market entry rules for food in market circulation;
- Respond to significant emergencies of food safety in marketplaces, and investigate into severe food safety cases and mete out appropriate punishments thereof.
Enterprise Registration Bureau
- Draft measures and practice directions regarding enterprise registration;
- Coordinate and guide enterprise registration nationwide;
- Take charge of registration of certain enterprises and supervises the registrants’ registration practices;
- Organize and guide credit rating of businesses;
- Establish and maintain the national database of enterprise registration information, and analyze and publish registration information of domestic enterprises.
Bureau for Registration of Foreign-Invested Enterprises
- Draft measures regarding the registration of foreign-invested enterprises;
- Take charge of registration of foreign-invested enterprises and resident representative offices of foreign companies, supervise the registrants’ registration practices;
- Analyze and publish registration information of foreign-invested enterprises.
Department of Advertising Regulation
- Draft and put into effect development plans and policies of the advertising industry;
- Draft detailed measures regarding regulation of the advertising industry;
- Coordinate and guide the regulation of advertising activities;
- Organize actions monitoring the ad publication of various media;
- Handle illegal practices such as fraudulent advertising;
- Provide guidance to advertising review agencies and professional advertising bodies.
Department for Regulation of the Private Economy
- Study development and regulation of the private economy (including self-employed entrepreneurs and private enterprises), formulate regulations and measures concerning such regulation;
- Provide guidance to the registration and supervision of self-employed entrepreneurs, private enterprises and agricultural cooperatives;
- Guide credit rating of self-employed entrepreneurs;
- Investigate and ban businesses that operate without any license;
- Provide guidance to associations of self-employed entrepreneurs and associations of private enterprises.
Department of Personnel
- Take charge of personnel management, organizational setup and human resources development of SAIC and its affiliated institutions;
- Undertake the operational affairs of dual management on the leading bodies of AICs at provincial level in cooperation with local governments;
- Instruct human resources development of AICs nationwide.
Department of International Cooperation (Office of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Affairs)
- Carry out international cooperation and exchanges regarding administration of industry and commerce;
- Take charge of the affairs relating to the cooperation and exchanges with Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan;
- Undertake the management and coordination of international affairs of SAIC and its affiliated institutions.
- Take charge of trademark registration and administration;
- Carry out, in accordance with law, the protection of the exclusive right of trademarks, investigation on trademark infringements, handling of trademark disputes, and the recognition and protection of well-known trademarks;
- Undertake the registration, filing and protection of special marks and official marks;
- Conduct study and analysis on information of trademark registration, and publish the information according to law to provide information service for the public and government’s policy-making;
- Implement the trademark strategy.
Trademark Appeal Board
- Handle trademark disputes;
Recognize, in accordance with law, well-known trademarks.